Staycation 2012 = Success.

on
10.24.2012
So instead of going to New York/DC we had a little staycation of our own. It was pretty incredible and was nice to enjoy some time with Jar and Family. I will say it a million times over....utah rocks my socks. I love it. There is something so incredible about Utah in the fall...its the best in the west...or the east...or the world. I may be taking it too far...but its true. 
Anyways, now that i'm done with my little pitch about why Utah rocks here's what we did....

Frightmares @ Lagoon. 
It's what fun is people.
I felt like I was 12 again. 
Went on every ride i wanted.
Some more than once.







 Jarrick is the mini-games master.
Stuffed Animal Winner Extraordinaire.



Unfortunately he got some motion sickness.
Poor sick little thing.
So he tore it up on the games and killed it in the prize department.




 Cotton Candy.
I have never gone to Lagoon & not purchased a lovely blue bag of fluff.
Heaven.
I ate it all.
Mostly by myself.



The next afternoon we headed up to the Tilby Family Cabin for sweet little Jordyn's 17th birthday extravaganza. It was such a good time...except for Summit Inn Pizza. Boo you whores. I will egg you in the winter.....(and possibly write a nasty letter to you and your 'meth mouth' of a manager.) We had a fire and talked and ate...way..too...much.

This is Chloe.
It was her first cabin experience.
She was a spaz.
But Jordyn gave her a manicure...
So she felt more in her element.
Such a princess.



Those trees!
Even though most of the colors in the mountains are fading,
Those pines tug at my nature-loving heartstrings.




We got home and cleaned up and headed out for our next little adventure. Downtown SLC. That may seem silly, but i think a little chunk of our hearts is still stuck downtown. Its where our first apartment was, our first year of marriage was spent and our first memories as a married couple. SLC lures me in every time and i always end up asking Jarrick if we can move back. Please? Pretty Please??



 We did a little shopping at City Creek Center and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. We of course had to check out the new Anthropologie while we were there, and boy is she a looker. Eye candy decor. We decided on a souvenir for our house from our staycation...Initial Mugs. I know. I know. Everyone already has them. But i wanted to be part of that everyone. So now they sit beautifully in our cabinet.
We stayed downtown overnight and were able to enjoy Salt Lake the next morning with a frozen hot chocolate at Abraca Harmons (aka Harmons at City Creek)...Good heavens i could write a whole blog post about my obsession with the CC Harmons. Its not just a grocery store...it's a grocery mecca. All in all, it was a wonderful six days away from the daily grind. We might just need to do staycations more often?
3 comments on "Staycation 2012 = Success."
  1. Like.
    I like this.
    Utah is number one! Glad to see you had a nice time off work.
    Can we both just retire already?!
    Staycation. Everyday.
    :):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little staycation.
    Rocking it at Tilby Manor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had the perfect stayaction. Love those pink puppy toenails.

    ReplyDelete