a weekend getaway...a little 'fauxchella'

on
4.13.2015
This weekend we snuck away to sunny St. George.
Jar had a crazy week at work during a conference, so when we found out he would be free for the weekend we picked up and left.

We hung out with family.
Enjoyed the warm weather..
&
ate yummy food.

On Saturday while the boys were golfing I shopped.
I found these amazing shirts at Target...
and dubbed them "fauxchella" shirts
since i'm not at Coachella.

anyone else jealous of all the amazing concert pictures?
I am.

Anyways.
 We got ice cream.
BLACK LICORICE!
You guys...you have no idea how excited I get when I find somewhere that has black licorice ice cream.
It's the equivalent to finding
a needle in a haystack.

We took this picture..and then immediately a gust of wind came rip-roarin' 
and I ended up with sticky ice cream hair.
It was worth it. 
 Durangos.
Durangos.
Durangos.
WHYYY CAN'T YOU BE CLOSER!?

You may be thinking...
'oh...it's just like Cafe Rio.'
No.
It isn't.
It's better.
By FAR.

Let me tell you why:

1. You can get refried beans instead of black or pinto.
2. The salads come in two sizes. (small and large)
3. The chicken is marinated and diced pieces of chicken breast. Not shredded.
4. Every topping comes on it for free! No charging me extra for guac.
5. You get a big dressing, even when you get a small salad.

If you haven't tried it.
Go to St. George.
Get it.

Anytime we are down south, we also have to make a pit stop at Urban Renewal.
We didn't buy anything this time..
but I could have purchased the store.

Also...
If you are ever in the area
eat at Benja.
Best. Thai. Food.
Best. Sushi.
EVER.


What should you order?

Lettuce Wraps.
Pinapple Fried Rice
Drunken Noodles
Pad Thai
Massaman Curry
Mango Sticky Rice

Sushi:
Red Dragon Roll
Vegas Roll
California Roll
Philly Roll


There you go.

I hope you weekend was lovely.

xo-elle


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment