full curls

on
4.15.2015
Everyone loves
thick
full 
loose
curls.

In fact...
If you were to go on YouTube and search 'beach waves' you would probably find thousands of tutorials.

But this is what works for me :)
 This is usually what my hair looks like..
kinda like...
curls that are 5 days old.
And for everyday hair?
That is what I like.

But when I want to get a little more volume in my hair, all I have to do is add a few curls, some texture spray & hairspray.

To get your curls as bouncy as possible, I use a curling wand.
(I also use a flat iron...you achieve a really similar loose curl using either.)
The trick?
Keep your wand pointed up, and loop your hair around the wand upwards.
Keep it loose!
If you wind the hair too tightly you are going to end up with Shirley Temple wringlets.

Once you have it all curled, your hair is going to look...
okay...
but we can make it look so much better!

BRUSH IT OUT!

I know...
it seems crazy.
But trust me.
Do it.

Don't just tease it a little.
Brush.
It.
Out.
Once you are done, your hair will look amazing.

BUT
How do you keep those curls full?

Sea. Salt. Spray.

I use this kind.
It works wonders.

Apply by pulling your curls apart and lightly misting it on your hair.
After it is on. Lightly shake your hair to allow the product to dry.

Finish it off with a little hair spray and BAM!

Full. Thick. Curls.


xo-elle
2 comments on "full curls"
  1. Love that sea spray. I use it daily. It's great to add volume to high ponies...when you haven't washed your hair. In five days. Haha just being honest

    ReplyDelete