Matte Lip Cream

on
3.04.2015



I love a good matte lip.
My favorite matte lipsticks are easily the NARS velvet matte lip pencils... in my opinion they are worth every penny.
BUT...
they are usually $25-28 a piece.
Yikes!
My rule of thumb with lipsticks is if it is a color I will always wear
-neutrals
-soft pinks
-red

it is worth the splurge.

If it is a color that is a little different or I can see myself not throwing it on everyday..go with a cheaper alternative.
This way your classic colors are always the best quality, but you can still have fun with some trendy colors.

Recently I found this product, and i'm obsessed.
NYX Matte Lip Cream 'Prague'

Let's get this straight.
The lipstick is only $6, so there isn't any way the quality is as amazing as Nars.
BUT
It is an amazing lip color at an even better price.

What you should know:

1. The lipstick is a cream. It comes in a lipgloss tube. Something about that confuses me.

2. When you put it on, it takes a few minutes to dry and become matte. Don't freak out.

3. It is THICK. A little bit of this stuff goes a looooonnngggg way.

4. It is long lasting. I wore this on Sunday and it lasted all day. Well, at least until dessert when i wiped it off :)

5. It doesn't completely dry out your lips...but....it will define any lines on your lips.




1 comment on "Matte Lip Cream"