Dresses & Shorts...

on
5.04.2015
...two of my least favorite things to buy.
I am tall.
5'11" to be exact.
Finding shorts and dresses that are long enough is nearly impossible.

I have been on the hunt for a bridesmaid dress for my sister-in-laws upcoming wedding.
It needed to be 
cream
tan
or taupe
 I can do that.
Those are my favorite colors.
(well...other than black and white.)

So the hunt for the dress began!



This was the final decision.
BAM!

Yes...this wedding is in June...
and I may sweat to death.
But it is worth it...
RIGHT!?

In the meantime...I have also been on the hunt for items for my summer capsule.
(for previous capsule posts click here & here!)

Since I buy my items a little bit at a time, I've started buying a few things here and there.



I tried on this shirt dress.
It was nice.
But I didn't end up getting it.
 But now I'm wishing I did.


For my summer capsule I needed to get real with myself.
My favorite things to wear are usually:
black pants
sweaters
cardigans
sweatshirts
Well...when the weather is 90+ degrees for months at a time..
I need to get shorts.
The dreaded shorts.

I've just always felt like bermuda/knee shorts look gross on me.
But I can't wear short shorts.

Enter: The Boyfriend Short.

Aka...the best shorts I've ever tried on.


They are the perfect length.
They aren't too tight.
They aren't too baggy.
They are juuuuuust right.

I've also invested in this brown/orange/gold duster sweater.
This was a good choice.

Also...these shorts were $5 at H&M...
and they were long enough...
and flow in the wind.

So anyways...
more stories from the dressing room.

:)

xo-elle
3 comments on "Dresses & Shorts..."
  1. Love your style girl! You're such a babe xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neeeeed those shorts!! Wher from?! Do they work w garmies hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both work with garmies!! Well....the denim are fine on their own...but the floral shorts need some bike shorts underneath, they are a little breezy :)

      Delete