Capsule Wardrobe Update...Transitioning Seasons

on
2.02.2015

So I've been continuing this thing called  the 'capsule wardrobe.'
(I initially wrote about this here.)

It was time for me to go shopping again for my next season & I was so excited to get a few new items. I loved most of the things that I picked in my last wardrobe but a learned a couple things:


1. I like neutral colors.

Obviously, you are seeing what I have in my closet...these are the colors I wear.
Cream.
White.
Blush.
Grey.
Black.
Stripes.

In my last capsule, I tried to include a few different colors. Do you wanna know something? I NEVER wore them. I think I wore my red shirt twice. That's it.So this time, I got real with myself. 
I was only going to buy items in colors I loved & in textures and styles I knew I would want to wear.
I tried branching out.
It didn't work.
I still found myself reaching for the same few sweaters/shirts/jackets I always wore.

2. I have channeled my inner minimalist.

I couldn't be happier with this discovery.
I have found that less is more. I can pick a few items I love, and I don't find myself needing to purchase items in excess just because something is on sale. Kinda like what I said before...I now know exactly what colors and styles i prefer...and they happen to be simple and minimal. Does this mean I am not a sucker for an occasional trend piece? Not at all. I love mixing a few trendier styles with my basic wardrobe. On that same note, I increased my capsule limit to 50 items. Maybe this seems like a lot...but really...it isn't. I found that my style is SO minimal, that I occasionally wanted to add a sweater here and there into the mix...so I bumped up my limit.
Sue me.


My Updated Capsule:

5 pairs of pants 
(4 pairs of black pants, 1 pair of jeans)
2 pairs of leggings
3 dresses
2 jumpers
4 pairs of boots/shoes
4 striped shirts
4 cardigans
6 sweaters
3 sweatshirts
2 flannel shirts
15 shirts

Simple.


Have you tried the capsule wardrobe yet?
I have a good feeling that the second time around is going to be even better :)

XO-Elle
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment