THE NO MAKEUP- MAKEUP LOOK

on
1.26.2015


Let's face it.
We all want to look like we aren't wearing crraaazzzyyy amounts of makeup..
while still looking natural...
but not plain and washed out.

It's a tricky look to achieve.
Obviously, I wish I could be the girl that doesn't wear makeup and looks amazing.
But, I'm not.

So, if you are like me...here is how to achieve the ever so enviable
"no makeup" makeup look.

Sometimes I try to look like i'm not wearing makeup by actually wearing verrrry little makeup.
Example? 
The picture on the left.
I simply brushed my face with some powder and a swipe of mascara. 
That's it!
I end up looking washed out and a little blahhhh.
That isn't what I was going for.

The look on the right is 
warm & glowy.
natural & light
Bam.
That's what we are wanting to achieve.
Here are a few simple steps to create an oh so natural "makeup free" look.
 Step 1: Apply a light foundation
Products: Foundation | Primer

This is where I always go wrong. I try to put on a little powder and think that is all i need.
Well....it isn't.
I have really bad rosacia on my cheeks. This results in a lovely red hue to my face...but isn't always even. Especially during the cold winter months, my skin becomes especially dry and blotchy.
Using a light foundation (like the one i'm using) keeps your makeup light, but still provides the necessary coverage needed.
If you don't feel like wearing a foundation, try using a BB or CC cream!
*If you are using a foundation, make sure to use a primer before putting foundation on your skin! This helps keep your foundation in place all day long!*


 Step 2: Conceal those dark circles!

If could only have one makeup product, I think this concealer would be it!
It is creamy and smooth...and a little goes a looong way!
This helps your face look more alert and youthful.
*I always do a shade lighter than my foundation..but don't go too light!*

Step 3: Smooth & Matte
Products: Powder

Applying a powder to your face after completing your foundation and concealer locks everything in.
This only takes a few minutes...and makes the biggest difference to your complexion.

Step 4: Don't forget your cheeks!
Products: Blush | Highlight

Having a little rosy glow will take your natural look to the next level.
Sweep a small amount of blush on the apples of your cheeks.
Suck in your cheeks and apply this NARS highlighter on your cheekbones. 

Step 5: Lighten up your eyes

After applying a little brown liner (not black...brown keeps the look softer) and a few swipes of mascara, try this trick:
Using a matte highlighting pencil, line the corner of your eye, lower lash line, and the arch of your brown. Blend in the lines using your pinky.
Instant pop without using a ton of black makeup to cover your beautiful eyes.


Add a little lip gloss or tinted chapstick to complete the look!
You will have people wondering..."Does she just wake up like this?!"
Don't worry...it can be our little secret :)

xo-elle
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment