GET READY TO PARTY IN TEN MINUTES OR LESS....

on
1.26.2015

        I don't know about you...

but I am all about getting ready as quick as possible.
For me..
This also includes events and parties.

I know...
I know...

So shameful.
BUT
 I like to keep it simple...
basic makeup.
basic hairstyles
BUT
still have a little somethin-somethin going on.

I am not the type of girl to spend 45 minutes blowing out my hair and getting perfect bouncy curls.
I also want to do my makeup as fast as possible, but look like I spent forever on it.

If you are like me, here are a couple ideas to help make you shine at your New Years party without having to spend the hours of prep time.

Look 1: Au-Natural
This look is simple.
Kinda like...
"Yeah, I knew there was a party tonight...but I look good everyday..so I don't have to try too hard."
At least, that is what I tell myself ;)

What you need to do to achieve this look:

1. Add some loose waves to the ends of your hair using a flat iron.
*be sure to keep the tips of your hair nice and straight to keep the effortless messy look.

2. Add a simple cat eye and a few swipes of black mascara

3. Dust your eyelids with a little mauvey-pink eyeshadow. 
*my favorite right now is this color.

4. Keep your lips on point by using E.L.F. Matte Lip Color in "Natural." 
*This color is a perfect dupe for NARS "Tonkin." 

Look 2: Pop-Out
Want to stand out...just a lil' bit?
This look is perfect.

What you need to do to achieve this look:

1. Use the same loose wave technique. It's a go-to look for me. Tie up one side of your hair using some bobby pins. Add one big twist, or mix it up with a few faux corn rows.

2. Add a little more color to your face by using a bright pink blush.
*since you most likely won't use a hot pink blush daily, try this one. It's cheap & does the trick.

3. Make your lips electric by using a lipstick from Maybelline's Color Sensation Vivid Collection.
*I love all of the colors, but my favorite is Fuchsia Flash :)

Look 3: Twisted
For some reason, I just feel fancy with my locks swooped on the top of my head. 
To make this look a little more edgy and a little less fancy, I used a dark dark lip.

What you need to do to achieve this look:

1. Twist your hair up with a headband. 
*I basically take the headband and place it on my head like a crown and shove the hair into the headband. Super easy.

2. Keep your eyes simple.
*I used this peach shadow to keep them looking natural.

3. Rock a dark lip.
*I used Revlon "Black Cherry." It looks a little dark in the tube, but it has a wonderful red undertone that makes your lips pop.

Look 4: Mad Hatter
When in doubt?
Throw on a hat.

What you need to do to achieve this look:

1. Keep it cool with some tousled messy hair. Add a few additional waves around your face for shape and body.

2. Rock your favorite lipstick.
*mine right now is "Pink Pout" by Revlon. 

3. Throw on your favorite hat!
*This H&M hat is a go-to for me. Unfortunately it is sold out, but here is a similar one!

What are your favorite holiday looks?!

xo-Elle 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment