DIY: ALMOND SHAPED NAILS

on
1.26.2015

 Long lovely nails.
I've always wanted them.
But, i was blessed with the shortest manliest nails.
They don't grow...ever!

I've been loving the long nail trend that so many ladies are rocking.
Lana Del Rey
Kylie Jenner
Just to name a few i'm obsessed with.

I decided to take the plunge and give myself the almond shaped nails my little heart desired!
But..what to do? 
Go to a salon and get acrylic?
OR
DIY?!

You know I had to go with the DIY :)

If you want to try these nails as well, here is what you will need:
1. Nail file & buffer. I used this tool..and it was the greatest!
2. Glue on nails (not tips!) I went with a medium length.
3. Scissors. You will need these or a pair of nail clippers to create the almond shape.
4. Nail color of your choice! (I used L'Oreal Privee Collection: Julianne's Nude #620)

Make sure your nails are clean, trimmed and buffed.

Find the nails in the kit that fit the best. Realize that some of the edges may need to be filed down so it fits within the nail bed and doesn't stick to your skin.

To obtain the almond shape, i used a stiletto tip as a guide. I didn't trim my nails as thin as the stiletto nail, but it was nice to use it as a reference!

I also cut and shaped my nails BEFORE gluing them on. I wanted to make sure that they were even and perfect before they were attached.
Here is the difference in shape:

As I trimmed and filed each nail, I kept them in order so I would know which nail belonged to which finger.


Then you can start gluing!
Simply follow the directions that were given with the nail kit.

 All glued on!
Lookin' classy.

Top it off with a little nail polish and you are ready to rock your new manicure!
 I wanted to make sure I really loved these nails before writing about them.
The result?
TWO THUMBS UP!

The nails are still and sturdy.
No wiggly nails or flimsy tips.
For the price, i can get about 10 manicures for less than $10.
What a steal!
Plus, i'm slightly obsessed with them now....and i can't stop taking pictures of them!

Are you loving pointy nails as much as I am?
Are you daring enough to give it a try?
Let us know how it goes by tagging #eandellemademedoit

xo-elle
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment