Kids?

on
10.09.2012
As Jar and I approach the 2 year mark of our wedding, a question we get A LOT is...
"When are you having kids?"
Well, that is a difficult question to answer.
How do you know when you are ready?
Is there a time-frame?
How long is long enough to wait?
If i wait too long will my eggs shrivel up?
Am i being selfish?
What if i can't get pregnant?
Am i going to be a good mom?
...A patient Mom?
How do you know you are ready to become a parent?
I never have been a baby lover. Now that isn't to say that i hate kids and babies. But, i have never been one to go up to a woman that has just had a baby and ask to hold it. I never have wanted to touch a pregnant woman's belly to feel the baby move. To be honest, newborns make me nervous. They are so bendy and unpredictable. A when a baby cries...is it hungry? Is it hurt? Does it need to be picked up? Changed? WHO KNOWS?! I really should have taken that Human Development class in High School and carried around one of those fake babies. I feel i would have learned quite a bit.

Currently i am surrounded by pregnant women. 
No joke...
I sit in-between two pregnant girls at my right and left as well as one directly in front of me.
Two 8 months along...and the other is due in two weeks.
Needless to say, One of these things...ahem...me... is not like the other.

My views have changed the older i get and the longer i am married for. Kids don't scare me (quite as bad) and the thought of me being a mother in the future doesn't seem like a million years away. However, i am enjoying my time with "just us" to the fullest. I am so grateful for this time where i get to be selfish and hog Jarrick all to myself. 

So basically next time someone asks me when we are having kids, i suppose i don't have a definite answer, but i know when it happens i will be the right time and we will both be ecstatic :)



4 comments on "Kids?"
  1. I've totally had the same thoughts , Michelle. I always thought that there would come that epiphany moment that I would know its time to have a baby, but I'm realizing that I will probably have to be the one to take a leap of faith into having kids. It's scary to think about, but pretty cool.

    But basically I just wanted to say that I really appreciated this post, because its like you read my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad to know someone else feels the same way i do! I always hear girls say "i just knew it was time." Like really?! How did you know?! Is there a pregnancy stork that bears the news that the time is right?!

      Basically i'm glad that i'm not alone and that another lovely little married lady feels the same way :)

      Delete
  2. Michelle! You are going to be an awesome, patient Mom-because you are basically the most sweet, thoughtful,willing to help,fun,hard working person I know. And all those things come in real handy when you are a mom :) As for knowing the perfect timing-there isn't one! But things will come together and it will feel right. And the leap of faith is so true like Annie said. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill! You mean that?! I know they are going to have the coolest grandma, Nanny, JilTil around. I'm really lucky to have you for my MIL. Thanks for the kind words...as of late, i feel like i really need them :) Love you!

      Delete