healthy foods

on
3.24.2015
Healthy foooood!
Taastes so gooooood!

Does anyone else remember that song?!
The talking veggies in that song are terrifying.
But the beat is great.
Kudos Sesame Street.

Anyways.

I've been trying to do better again at eating healthy.
I had previously talked about losing weight over on my sweet friend Hannah's blog (check her out!)
During the holidays, I started slipping a little bit on what I was eating,
but I still continued to lose weight.

I have officially lost 40 pounds.
Big goal for me.
And i've never felt better.
However...

When we returned from Hawaii
(after eating my way across the island)
my weight plateaued.
I was at a healthy weight that I was excited about...
but i'm ready to take it to the next level.

To reach my ultimate goal weight I want to lose 10 more pounds.
10 little pounds.
I can do it.

The key for me is planning and dedication.
Like I talked on my post on Hannah's blog, choosing foods YOU enjoy are the key to successful weight loss.

You can buy as many bunches of kale and spinach as you want...
but if you don't like it...
you.
won't.
eat.
it.

When I shop for fresh produce I think of exactly what I will eat.
There are the quick 'grab-and-go' healthy choices like apples and bananas.
Those are perfect quick grabs in the morning.

But what about veggies?
I am lazy and I won't cut up a cucumber in the morning before work.
Or a pepper.
Or broccoli.
Or cauliflower.

So my favorite thing to do is make quickly mini veggie trays!
You can make these ahead of time, store them in your fridge, grab them...and GO!

Below is a little video on how I make my veggie trays :)

I purchased the plastic trays from my local grocery store's salad bar.
I can't resist these little trays!

These are perfect for snacking at work, lunches, post-workout snacks, etc!

Enjoy
+
Eat some veggies!

xo-elle


1 comment on "healthy foods"
  1. Okay these are the CUTEST little veggie trays! They seriously make me want to eat veggies just because they're so cute! Thanks for sharing my blog too--you're the greatest :) I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete