A LITTLE SOMETHING SWEET....

on
1.26.2015

          I have always loved baking. 

Always.
I have always loved art & design.
Always.

So why not combine the two?!
I recently found these incredible cookies on Pinterest . I fell in love with how the cookies were used as "motivational phrases." Who doesn't want to be told "You Are Hot" by a sugary little treat?

Then I got thinking....
Why not use cookies for other little life events?

Want to say 'Thank You' to your lovely neighbor that always mows your lawn? 
(Literally, every.single.week.) 
What says thanks better than a plate of cookies?


It's your friend's birthday? Why wouldn't  they love a bunch of colorful cookies in their initial?

Since I work am apparently semi-lazy, I didn't have the time to make homemade sugar cookies from scratch. I used a package of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and i felt like the turned out great! However, next time I will take my dear sweet time and make REAL sugar cookies....you know...the kind that have to sit in the fridge for a long time? 
That kind.

The frosting though? 
That my friends is made from scratch. 

To frost your cookies, you will  use a 'piping & flooding' method. 
(Which basically means, you need to outline your cookie in piping frosting, and then flood the cookie with flood frosting.)

Piping Frosting

3 cups of powdered sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp egg white (pasteurized)

Beat until stiff. 
*You may need to add additional powdered sugar depending on the consistency*

For the piping, i used a pastry bag, with a #2 round tip. This worked like a charm! I also used this frosting for any additional decorations to my cookies. 



Flood Icing

2 cups of powdered sugar
2 tsp egg white
about 1/4 c of milk (can be substituted for almond milk)
1 tsp almond extract *optional...but try it. It is delicious*

Beat until mixed thoroughly.

*I ordered the cookie cutters on Amazon*

I spooned the flood icing into the middle of the cookie using an itty-bitty spoon. I decided there was probably an easier method after trying it with a spoon. Next time, i would use a plastic dispense bottle

Want to add a little bit of color to your cookies? I highly suggest using gel food coloring. The colors are much more vibrant & come in every color possible.

So, next time you have something to say...try saying it with cookies!
Get baking!

XO-ELLE
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment