Valentines Day...6 Days Early

on
2.11.2013
Jar and I have a tradition of going to breakfast for Valentines Day. We get a morning full of amazing conversation and yummy food..(something we rarely get to do due to work and school). Trying to go out to dinner on Valentines day proves itself to be one of the most frustrating things on the planet. Our first Valentines day, we got so over trying to find somewhere that we finally ended up at Cafe Rio. And honestly? I was so okay with it. But there is something so amazing about waking up, getting ready...or not...and heading out to breakfast.

Together.

This Valentines includes Jarrick having school at Weber at 7:30, and myself, work at 7am. So breakfast wasn't really an option unless we wanted to go to IHOP or Dennys at 5am. We decided that Black Bear Diner was a much better option. 



The weather has been a lot like this...
And, i sorta love it lotsies.
Snow. Cold. Dreamy.



Friday happened to be my day off. So after our valentines breakfast date, i headed to Nordstrom and the Apple store. I got Jarrick a Nike Fuel band to celebrate the big VDay that was......two sizes too small. Kudos Michelle. Kudos. I felt awful. I ran and exchanged it that day and took it to him at work. There is not much worse in present giving than getting someone a present that doesn't fit. While i was there i went and browsed the MAC counter. Remember my bad experience there? Yeah. Well i have become pretty fond of their lipsticks thanks to BJ. I actually rarely wear lipstick. I am more of a chapstick girl. But, there is something so fun about looking at all those little tubes of color and not wanting to be a lovely lipstick lady. I finally settled on getting some "essential" colors. Some red, pink and nude. I decided to get Myth. Its a lovely little nude color. I might need to get some sun though...cause right now, it literally blends identically with my skin. 

So that is my big girl tale of becoming a lady and getting some lipstick.

Jarrick was sweet and got me 3 pairs of different gold earrings. I have EXTREMELY sensitive ears. Nickle free earrings? Can't even wear those. Sensitive earrings? Ha, yeah right. My ears swell up and get all sorts of oooey-gooey. (TMI? Too bad.) I had been wanting a nice pair of earrings that will last me forever, and he was a doll and remembered me saying that i needed them. Well, two days into wearing SOLID 14 KARAT GOLD EARRINGS MY EARS STILL FREAKED THE FREAK OUT AND WERE SWOLLEN AND OOZEY. What the hell. Stupid ears. Apparenlty, I am never going to be wearing earrings. I don't know if they just react to having something jabbed in my ear? Or metal was never meant to be forced through my my skin no matter how nice it was? Who knows. I felt awful. My amazing present from my sweet husband was spoiled. I suck. However, he said he would exchange them for something else. What a dear. So it will be like Valentines Part II on the 14th. 

Side note: My adorable MIL Jill sent me a Valentine in the mail. Anyone watch Vampire Diaries? Well, i love it. And Klaus? I love him more. What is this you ask? A valentines that he signed. And happened to put an X at the end. Why yes Joseph Morgan, I will take your sharpie kiss as a sign you love me too. He wrote my name. I'm sure its fine. Okay, i'm done freaking out. But how sweet is she? The best i tell you....THE BEST.

We are heading down to Saint George this weekend for a much needed vacation. So after work on Thursday, we are heading south for some sun to warm our chilly little bodies. Honestly, i have become a lover of the winter. But, something about that beautiful red rock and sunshine makes my soul real pleased. We have a weekend full of hikes, gun shooting and family time ahead of us.... and i couldn't be happier. Plus, a road trip on Valentines? Could be fun. :)

XOXXOOXOXOXO
Lots of Love for Valentines.


3 comments on "Valentines Day...6 Days Early"
  1. i love your shiney black hair! ahhhh! so jealous. i was thinking about getting bangs the other day, and looking at yours i want them really bad. cute blog!
    www.adashofrobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment my dear! :) You should cut bangs...you won't regret it! The easiest hairstyle ever.

      Delete
  2. I love this idea. My family usually makes a breakfast. Going out sounds like such a fun idea this year since it is just me and my husband :)

    ReplyDelete