creating your own Fall uniform...

on
9.02.2015
I've written a few posts about having a capsule wardrobe.
I did a capsule wardrobe for a while..and I loved it!

However. I decided what I really wanted in life is more of an adult uniform.
What colors do I love?
What is my style?

If you have those two things figured out... creating a uniform is simple.

STEP 1: CARDIGANS/SWEATERS/JACKETS
 -This rust colored duster is the perfect layer to add to almost any outfit. 
-jeans and a tank top
-dress
-shorts and a t-shirt

 -It's good to have a trendy item like this tie dye cardigan. It is staying within the color theme (or lack of color theme) I love in my closet.

-This sweater from H&M is one of my all time favorites. It so easy to dress up or down and goes with EVERYTHING since it is an oatmeal color.

STEP 2: GREAT TANKS
 I have two types of tanks. Ones that can be dressed up like this lovely lace item...

 Or a BASIC color/cut tank. This is the best tank top cut for my body type. So when I find one...I buy three in my favorite colors (light blue, white & grey)

STEP 3: SHIRTS WITH SOMETHING...
 You can never go wrong with a striped shirt. (I mean..c'mon...I own three.) But each one needs to have a little something-something. This shirt has a slight hi-low cut. It is flowy and perfect.

This oversized shirt may look basic...but it isn't even close. The front is a t-shirt material with small little holes, and the back is made of linen. It makes a basic white t-shirt (that I am obsessed with) have a different look.

Picking shirts in colors that you like is the smartest thing you can do. I will not buy a shirt I love if it is in a color I hate. Don't force yourself to wear colors or patterns you don't like.

STEP 4: SWEATSHIRTS ANYONE?
There is nothing wrong with wearing a sweatshirt. But, try and look for something unique in your sweatshirt. Maybe it is cropped? Maybe it has a deep v? Maybe it has a unique fabric?
Whatever you do, sweatshirts can be dressed up!
It's true!
They are one of my favorite things to wear in Fall/Winter. So don't leave them out.

STEP 5: SOMETHING VINTAGE
I went through a vintage only phase.
Old T-Shirts from thrift shops.
Skirts with odd hemlines
I loved it for a while...but nothing stuck with me. They all got sent back to the thrift store.
Except for this item.
This actually belonged to Jarrick's Grandpa...
and I love it!

There are holes, added stitches and worn patches on the elbow.
It is the only vintage item i didn't get over after wearing it a few times.

So in my opinion...
Look for the golden items in the thrift store. Don't just get something meh just because it is there.

STEP 6: START SEEING DOUBLE

 It is okay to love a trend a little too much.
For me?
Chambray. 

So....if you love a trend..
it is okay to buy multiple items...
just try and make the styles a little different.


Again, creating a uniform is all about wearing what YOU LOVE.

Hopefully this post can help you find your own uniform!

xo-elle



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment