DIY: WALL BANNER

on
1.26.2015


Who doesn’t love a daily reminder that…

"It’s all good baby baby?"

Thank you Biggie for your lyrical inspiration.



For this project you will need the following:
Felt, felt felt! The amount of felt you need will depend on the size of your banner. For the lettering I used felt squares, and for the banner itself, I used bulk felt from a craft store.
Dowel.
Scissors
Tacky Glue
Freezer paper
Iron
String
Needle


Step 1: trace, cut....and then cut again.

To cut out my felt letters, I traced the letters onto freezer paper.
Cut out letters from the freezer paper and iron to the felt square. (make sure you are ironing with the “waxy” side of the paper facing down…if not, you traced it backwards and the letter will stick to your iron. Trust me, I did it.)

Cut out the traced letters and remove freezer paper.


Step 2: prep your phrase

Lay out your phrase on the piece of large felt to make sure it is arranged how you would like it. Be sure to leave at least a 2-3” space at the top of your banner and a 3-4" space at the bottom.


Step 3: glue away!

Tacky glue the back of each letter and press firmly to secure.


Step 4: cut the bottom

I folded the area i wanted to remove before i started cutting away. I'm sure you could be much more precise...but the folding method worked just fine for me!

Step 5: creating the 'loop'

Finish off the banner by folding the back of the banner to create a loop in the back. 
Slide the dowel through the loop.

Side Note:
I tried securing the loop a few different ways. I initially thought the tacky glue would work…that was not the case. So don't do that. You can use the string and needle to do a loose stitch to secure the loop. I used a sewing machine to save time.
:)

Step 6: hanging your creation

Tie a knot on each end of the dowel using your string. Be sure to leave enough slack so the  banner will hang properly.

So easy!


xo- elle
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment