It was a pretty good weekend if i say so myself...

on
1.28.2013
This past weekend was a good one.

I think this may have been the first weekend in about 7 months that Jarrick and I didn't go to a movie. Honestly, there was nothing to see. When your options are Movie 43 and Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters...the decision is easy, no movie. However, i am SO excited for February in the movie departmet. This week? Warm Bodies. Next Week? Side Effects. It is officially planned out.

Anyways, we had a big ol' group date with our work friends. We went with Doug&Whitney, Nate&Ashley, Trevor&Laura, Adam&Jill and David&Aubree. Just a good time with some of the greatest people you will ever meet. We had intentions of getting sushi...then it changed to Cheesecake Factory. Well, we for some reason thought that we would only have like a 30 minute wait for 12 people on a Saturday night. Apparently not so much...it was going to be a 2hr+ wait for us to eat. (Who the hell waits two hours to eat food? I would have gone to Hot Dog on a Stick before i waited two hours). So we decided to go to Red Rock Brewery. Delicious everytime.

Afterwards everyone came to our house and we played games for a few hours. Such a great group of people. It's pretty rare that you can have a giant group of co-workers be genuine friends, and for that I am really glad that I got lucky enough to call these peeps my friends. Have I mentioned how i have the greatest co-workers ever? Not only the lovely people that we hung out with, but in general? It's true i tell ya.

Once the party was over, Jarrick thought he lost his wallet. That was fun. We even called the restaurant to see if we left it there....no such luck. And on top of it, Jar had also put in $150 cash in his wallet from his paycheck...so we assumed that was gone as well. NOPE! It was sitting on our shelves. All by its lonesome. Silly us. Doesn't everyone put there wallet in the front room? No? Didn't think so. After that traumatic situation we decided a little uke session was in order to wind down the evening. Jar learned to play on his mission. It was one of the million things that made me swoon when he came home. He can sing 'Sea of Love' by Cat Power anytime he wants to me. Anytime.


I decided i want to learn too....Soooooo i am now practicing. I can slay a C, G, A and F chord like its my job. NBD. Jarrick's adorable parents got him a real ukulele from Hawaii last year. So i took his old one from Romania. So now we can both play together....well....he plays and i pretend to play...and sing. We will get there.


Sunday was a beautiful day! It was finally warmer than 20 degrees and we were grateful to have a giant heap of snow land in our neck of the woods. The inversion here has been AWFUL. I even heard that they had scientists coming to Utah to do experiments on the air quality. Yeah, that bad. Salt Lake City was listed the worst air quality in the US as of last week. You wondered if it was fog, or if you were simply swimming in pollution. Soooo, having some snow to clear out that grey fog of death was pure joy. Jarrick got all fancy in his new Deseret Industries suit. Looking like a million bucks that boy of mine.


(side note: we teach the 15-18 year old Sunday School class *aka Jarrick teaches and I am the scribe and keep the kids talking. But we have color chalk! I love it. I love the little color dusties that fall when you clean the board. Just in case you were wondering what this picture is for.)

Cookies were in order for a lovely snowy sunday. So naturally i needed to eat 4. Its fine really. I'm sure i could have had two... but four is better than two.



Sunday Snuggles were mandatory as well. Chloe approved.


 A beautiful winter weekend.
Come faster this week please?

2 comments on "It was a pretty good weekend if i say so myself..."
  1. fun pictures. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my dear! You are too sweet. I love your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete