Roadtripping to Portland & Seattle

on
9.08.2016
This post should be titled “A love letter to the food of the Pacific Northwest” or “I travel to eat,” because that is what the majority of our trip consisted of. Isn’t eating the best part of vacation? Yes? That’s what I thought.

We packed up our Mazda, hitched our bikes to the hatchback and were on the road. I typically am opposed to driving – why drive when you can fly #amiright ?? Everyone we talked to said that bikes were the way to get around Portland and Seattle, so road-tripping/biking was the best option…and you know what? The road trip was one of my favorite parts of our vacation. We talked, ate Pringles and listened to books on tape. It was perfect.




Portland

I have always wanted to go to Portland. Everyone I knew that had been there had nothing but amazing things to say. We received so many amazing suggestions and tried to fit in as much as we could while we were there. We were able to hit almost everything we wanted. Do you want to know my favorite part about Portland? All the bridges. SO MANY BRIDGES. I don’t know what it is about them, I just love them.

Our Portland list of must do (okay...really....must eat)

Boxer Ramen -get the veggie curry, add egg. You're welcome
Salt & Straw - was really all worth the hype. I got Carrot Cake & J got Lucky Charms
VooDoo & Blue Star donuts- They were both good - but I preferred the weirdness of VooDoo. It was more of a classic donut, but the Blue Star flavor combos were unique and delish.
Por Que No tacos - Yum Yum Yum. 
Pine State Biscuits - Holy Mother of Biscuits. It's all amazing.
Cannon Beach - my kind of beach. Cold. Breezy. Haystack rock. Goonies.
Pistils Nursery - If you are a plant lover - GO HERE!

We drove the scenic route up the Oregon and Washington coast. I would add this to my 'must do' list. It was just beautiful.
 Seattle

Dearest Seattle, I love you. I love you so much. If I could move anywhere, it would be to Seattle. I have been to Seattle many times, and every time I’m there I fall more and more in love with it. There is something about being in a big city by the ocean. It’s just beautiful. We woke up and walked down the rainy streets under umbrellas. We stopped by Pike’s for hot mini donuts and bagels and walked around the piers. We stopped into shops and just enjoyed the city. It's great to go there and just enjoy where you are - not rushing to see the sites.

Needless to say, after eating like garbage for a few days (I typically avoid wheat products) I was SO sick that afternoon. We spent a portion of the afternoon sitting in the hotel watching ‘The First 48’ – so basically I’m super fun to go on vacation with. Later that evening I felt better and enjoyed a bag of cotton candy for dinner at the Mariners game.


Here's a little video of our trip. Enjoy!


1 comment on "Roadtripping to Portland & Seattle"
  1. An amazing testimony on on how i conceive, also cure from fibroid, i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Priest Babaka has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Priest Babaka, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Priest Babaka for your own testimony via Email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com Or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete